Quantcast

Skyward Sword

Skyward Sword

Postby Ikarou007 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:15 am

No topic for what most likely is the best Zelda game I've ever played? Nevermind, I give up.

Everything about it is virtually perfect. As per Zelda games, the soundtrack is fantastic. It's a visual masterpiece by the Wii's standards. The motion controls were implemented beautifully. The story is also well-written, especially the relationship between Zelda and Link which feels like it transcends the two-dimensional damsel in distress relationship they've had in other games before.

My only complaint was that the beginning felt pretty dull, but the same can be said about almost any game.

tl;dr this game made me jizz in all seven colors of the rainbow all over my living room
Ikarou007

Re: Skyward Sword

Postby Mervold » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:39 am

I've only completed the first temple, so I'm really in no position to comment on the "big picture" of the game, but so far it is amazing. The motion controls are somewhat of a hindrance though. They're mostly done well, but a few of the movements (like a forward sword thrust) don't always work, which really wrecks the immersion for me.
Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
Mervold

Postby Try4se » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:05 pm

Before this game, Ocarina of Time was my favorite game of all time. Skyward Sword is my new favorite game.
Try4se

Postby Ikarou007 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:45 pm

Yeah, some of the motion controls feel a little shoddy, but I accepted those moments as just a limitation of the hardware. The sword thrust is especially annoying to do.

Right now I'm at the desert. Fuck everything about this place. I'm not playing this game as much as I should because I keep getting distracted by friends who want to drag me outside for "my own good."
Ikarou007

Return to Gaming Central