Quantcast

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Postby Moydow » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:16 pm

http://e3.nintendo.com/wii/game/?g=zelda

So, after a year of speculation, it was announced today at E3 that the new Zelda game will be called The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Apparently, it's going to combine the graphical styles of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, to give some kind of 'watercolour' cel-shaded effect. It'll also have a new control scheme, which Miyamoto himself demonstrated (before it started to slow down). And, it turns out that the girl in last year's E3 artwork is the Master Sword, or more accurately the Skyward Sword (which evolves into the Master Sword), in humanoid form.

Personally, I think it looks brilliant, and the controls should work really well. But what do you all think?
Last edited by Moydow on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moydow
Moydow

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Postby Icyman7775 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:35 pm

Well me im not a hardcore Zelda fan, but i do enjoy the games. To me I think it looks great and will be a blast to play with the new way to play and the new things added. But I dont think it will stack up to Twilight Princess but this is just my opinion and only time will tell.
XBoX ADDiCT
Icyman7775

Postby Mervold » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:05 pm

I DO NOT like the art style of this game (so far)

I loved Wind Waker's style and very much liked Twilight Princess', but this just looks horrid to me.
Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
Mervold

Postby Moydow » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:44 am

I was expecting more realistic graphics, but if the new controls work well, they'll more than make up for it.
Moydow
Moydow

Postby Shake » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:18 pm

Meh go to said amount of dungeons, save said amount of bitches. Im tired of nintendo just rehashing there popular titles to remain a good game company in the eyes of the hardcore gamers. But i am gonna play it but im also a giant hypocrite. I mean is it that hard for nintendo to make a new game with new characters thats good that does not invovle cooking or getting into shape? Well at least epic mickey looks fun /rant
ImageImage
Shake

Postby Mervold » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:25 pm

Shake wrote:I mean is it that hard for nintendo to make a new game with new characters thats good that does not invovle cooking or getting into shape?

Well, from a creative standpoint no, it wouldn't be that hard for Nintendo to do. From a marketing standpoint though, yes, it would be extremely difficult. Gotta pander to those fans. YOU being one of said fans. You stated that Nintendo is, in fact, making new games with new characters that are good, yet apparently that's not enough for you because it doesn't fit your "hardcore" standards.
Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
Mervold

Postby Shake » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:22 pm

So what you are saying is they have to pander to those "fans" who buy whatever nintendo makes. And you said nintendo could make more creative games but dont to make money....................so nintendo is nothing but a whore now?

Edit: And nintendo is not making epic mickey its just gonna be on the wii so poo on you
ImageImage
Shake

Return to Gaming Central